Come with us to Friday night lights. The stands are packed with Eagles of all ages; from letter jacket-clad high schoolers to gleeful preschoolers cheering alongside their parents. There's a palpable sense of school pride, an almost-electric excitement.
You see, at Mount Paran Christian, athletics are a school-wide affair - uniting the preschool, lower, middle, and high school with a common sense of belonging. Even the three-year-olds know they are Eagles from day one.
Beyond school unity, sports bring an opportunity for students to excel physically and discover God-given abilities. Every student can find an area to connect athletically. Even our fifth-graders have the opportunity to participate in no-cut sports, including cross country, football, swimming, track and field, and wrestling.
From multiple ball fields, two gymnasiums, and tennis courts to the on-campus batting cages and indoor athletic training facilities, student-athletes are equipped with a stellar environment for success. In addition, the newly-constructed Catherine Steele Sewell Stadium seats 2,500 fans.
High school teams compete in the Georgia High School Association (GHSA) A-private. Our teams have excelled, earning region championship titles in almost every sport. Leaders and coaches are strongly committed to competing for State titles every year. More importantly, the athletic teams are coached by men and women who are committed to the mission of the school and serve to disciple young student-athletes for Jesus Christ. Character and faith are never left on the bench. It's the MPC Way.
MPC also has ranked in the top 10 out of 100+ class-A high schools in the Georgia Athletic Directors Association (GADA) Regions' Directors Cup. The program has been repeatedly honored with the Metro 10 League Cup for the highest achievement in middle school sports.
MS Cheerleading (girls) * + ~
Varsity Cheerleading (girls) * + ~
JV Cheerleading (girls) +
MS Cross Country (boys/girls)
Varsity Cross Country (boys/girls)
MS Football 5th/6th (boys)
MS Football 7th/8th (boys)
Varsity Football (boys)
MS Fast-Pitch Softball (girls)
Varsity Fast-Pitch Softball (girls) ~
MS Volleyball A (girls)
MS Volleyball B (girls)
Varsity and JV Volleyball (girls) ~
Winter Sports (mid-Oct.- mid Feb.)
MS Basketball 6th (boys)
MS Basketball 7th (boys)
MS Basketball 8th (boys)
MS Basketball A (girls)
MS Basketball B (girls)
JV Basketball (boys/girls)
Varsity Basketball (boys/girls)
MS Cheerleading (girls) + ~
Varsity Cheerleading (girls) + ~
MS Swimming (boys/girls)
Varsity Swimming (boys/girls)
MS Tennis (boys/girls)
MS Wrestling (boys)
Varsity Wrestling (boys)
Spring Sports (Feb.- April/May)
MS Baseball A (boys)
MS Baseball B (boys)
Varsity and JV Baseball (boys)
MS Golf (boys/girls)
Varsity Golf (boys/girls)
MS Lacrosse (boys)
Varsity Lacrosse (boys)
MS Soccer (boys/girls)
Varsity and JV Soccer (boys/girls)
Varsity Tennis (boys/girls)
MS Track and Field (boys/girls)
Varsity Track and Field (boys/girls)
* Competition format
+ Sideline format
~ Tryouts held in spring
- GHSA Physical Form: Before participating in a sport at MPC, every student athlete is required to have a Georgia High School Association (GHSA) Physical Form on file in the athletic office. Some physicians prefer to provide their own physical form, but these are not recognized by GHSA, nor are they as comprehensive in evaluating fitness for athletic competition. The form is valid for one calendar year (if dated after April 1, 2020, it is valid through the entire 2019-20 school year).
- Athletic Participation Consent Form: This form, signed by both student athlete and parent, is to be completed once each school year for each student athlete.
- Both forms may be obtained via the school website, in the Athletic office, or in the main school office.
- Athletic fee: $65 one-time fee per school year for each student athlete.
- Player-Pack fee. Competition uniforms are owned by the athletic department, and must be returned at the end of the season. Player pack items are consumables, such as practice gear, hoodies, equipment bags, etc., which are used during the season, and then retained by the athlete for his or her personal use.
- the noncustodial adult’s name
- the activity date
- the parent or guardian’s signature
- the parent or guardian’s legible name.