Eagle Backers is the parent organization and booster club focused on supporting the student-athletes of MPCS. The Eagle Backers’ primary purpose is fundraising to support athletic programs while promoting school spirit through sports. This organization operates in conjunction with the MPC athletic directors and athletic department. Eagle Backers is dedicated to the continued support of our student athletes, coaching staff, and athletic department programs as we seek first to do this in a Christ-centered environment.
Eagle Backers supports all MPC sports including baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, fishing, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swim and dive, tennis, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling. Eagle Backers are an important part of the overall athletic program and membership is open to anyone with an interest in MPC athletics.
EAGLE BACKERS SUPPORTS ALL TEAMS
Over the past decade, Eagle Backers has supported MPC coaches and players by supplementing the athletics department budget with tangible needs. Here’s a general list of items purchased by Eagle Backers in support of our student-athletes.
- Installed new digital scoreboards, including a video “JumboTron” in the Hughes Gymnasium
- Built an equipment storage building in the Catherine Steele Sewell Stadium
- Launched a nutrition and fueling station for all middle and high school athletes in the Knox Athletic Performance Center
- Installed new turf in the baseball/softball batting cages
- Purchased new lockers for the baseball/softball locker room
- Added logos and branding to multiple athletic windscreens
- Updated athletic uniform for middle and high school teams
- Added concessions stand equipment, restocking, and staffing
- Purchased championship rings and apparel
- Purchased Garmin running watches for cross country
- Purchased football helmets
- Purchased cheer run-through banner
- Funded the pre-game tailgates, mascot, student section, and school spirit for all sports
- Many other smaller projects that supported individual teams, with the goal being to do some thing to benefit every team on campus!
Parent volunteers contribute in numerous ways to athletics on campus. Events and various needs include:
- Blue & Black Bash pre-game tailgate planning
- Eagle Backer board
- annual spring Golf Tournament
- fall sports program
- corporate sponsorships
- hospitality meals
- Senior Nights
- spirit wear
- PTF Auction athletic items
- team moms